Communications (2020 Internship) at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Global Communications team is the voice of Motorola Solutions, telling the company’s story of transformation and progress to employees, reporters and other stakeholders. We work strategically and collaboratively with colleagues around the world, finding the most compelling stories to tell and bringing them to life through communications plans and activities that drive business results.
As part of the dynamic summer intern program at Motorola Solutions’ Chicago headquarters, the Communications Intern will partner with members of the Global Communications team and other departments across the company, providing internal and external communications and project management support with a strong emphasis on writing.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Develop well-crafted strategic communications for internal and external audiences, such as employee news stories, presentations, talking points, video scripts, social media content, news releases and blog posts
- Serve as an internal reporter, seeking out compelling stories and projects from across the company and bringing them to life across a variety of internal, external and digital channels
- Manage communications projects, working with team members and other departments to deliver high-quality work on time
- Conduct research on communications matters, trends and best practices; monitor business and competitor news to identify emerging issues and storytelling opportunities
- Collaborate with interns from other departments on individual and group projects
- Support other communications projects as assigned, including measurement, reporting, events, and limited administrative duties
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Experience writing for different audiences and channels
- Able to work independently and effectively collaborate with colleagues, both in-person and virtually
- Effective project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Examples that demonstrate strategic thinking and problem-solving
- Poised, professional and collaborative in interactions with team members, leaders, and executives
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing
- Graduating on or after December 1st, 2020
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.