Computational Biology, Immunology PhD Intern - Summer 2020 at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is seeking highly qualified post-grad summer associates to join our growing team. Our goal is to provide summer associates with a comprehensive overview of what it’s like to work at Tempus. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a movement to help improve cancer research with data and artificial intelligence.
Summer associates will work with members of the Tempus team to support a specific 10-week project, designed for post-grad students, that impacts the business and that department. Students will have the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Tempus.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop new algorithms and analysis tools for our clinical genomics platform.
- Perform integrative analyses of clinical and genomic data from large immunotherapy treated patient cohorts.
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of data scientists, computational biologists, and clinicians to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program in a relevant quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, or computer science) or a Ph.D. program in cancer biology, immunology, or molecular biology combined with significant previous experience with high-throughput sequencing data analysis. Recent Ph.D. graduates, as well as M.S. students in a quantitative discipline with significant relevant experience will be considered.
- Must have significant previous experience working with next generation sequencing data, including whole exome sequencing, RNA sequencing, and/or TCR/BCR sequencing.
Duration and Timing
Tempus summer associates will spend ten weeks working in our Chicago headquarters. The program will commence in May/June and run through mid-August.