Content Intern at Neighborhoods.com
Neighborhoods.com is looking for someone with experience writing for a virtual audience to help with a variety of tasks for neighborhoods.com. You will have your hands in several aspects of our content department, including writing and editing, researching, fact-checking and, in general, being an extra set of hands and eyes for our team. This internship will begin March 23, 2020 and will last about 3 months.
What you’ll be learning and doing:
- Writing, organizing, and uploading content for community pages
- Providing copy and editing support on community pages
- Building and creating content for community pages
- Identifying high-value and large-scale neighborhoods that deserve additional coverage
- Reviewing community pages for accuracy
We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent writing skills with a keen eye for grammar and punctuation
- Research skills — beyond just Googling — and data interpretation
- Some basic knowledge of real estate and architecture
- Self-starter attitude who looks for opportunities to contribute
- Detail-oriented mindset and able to focus on specific tasks
- Strong oral communication skills
- A desire to be a part of a growing content and editorial team
- Must be available to work 15-25 hours per week, M-F.
- If applicable, we’ll work with you to ensure you earn course credit and schedule around your classes.
- Pay is $13/hr. Internship will last 3 months
Why Work With Us:
Neighborhoods.com prides itself on being an open, creative, and dynamic place to work. Everyone’s opinion is valued and we are building something amazing from the ground up. The office is full of people who work hard to meet their goals, enjoy each other’s company, and like to have fun. We have been featured in Crain’s Chicago and Inman.
There is more to Neighborhoods.com’s culture than the casual dress code, Fulton Market office, kegerator, and ping pong table—it’s about the ingrained principles of honesty, integrity, equality, and fairness. Employees from all departments regularly come together to share thoughts and ideas and assist one another in completing individual or common goals.Please upload a cover letter, your resume, and (if applicable) writing samples. Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer, of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, races, colors, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ages. We strive to foster an inclusive environment, that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.