Zoro's an aggressive, hyper-growth e-commerce company that sells industrial supplies to business customers throughout the US. In the past seven years, we've grown from a group of 6 people working in a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 275+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products. We've been successful in growing in large part due to our team. Zoro hires bright & hard-working individuals that are intent on growing our business, are obsessed with creating an awesome customer experience and winning as a team.
Zoro is currently offering one paid internship for a passionate & driven individual interested in joining our Content team for the summer of 2019. This is a full-time opportunity and will start early June and end in late August. The start and end dates can be flexible based on your semester schedule.
Working with the ecommerce copywriting team, the copywriting intern will learn:
- How to use keywords to write copy that not only improves natural search, but brings more customers into the site and convert them into purchasers.
- How to research different types of value-added content our customer's need and how best to present that content on our site.
- Learn about customer personas; how they are used, how we change the way we speak to these customers based on what we know about who they are not just as customers, but as people.
- Write copy, gather data that tracks customer engagement with that copy and make adjustments as needed.
- Looking for candidates who are studying Communications or Journalism and interested in writing informative, engaging and compelling copy to increase business value, cultivate customer relationships and drive action.
- Graduating in Spring 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020 or Fall 2020.
- Beginner or intermediate level in Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is resourceful and eager to learn.
- Previous knowledge or experience of SEO copywriting is preferred (classroom project work acceptable).
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.