At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
As an intern with our Information Security team, this role will be responsible for assisting in providing appropriate surveillance for the critical cyber threats to Paylocity’s Information Systems. This position will be supporting the existing security team through leveraging Network Monitoring, Logging and Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) systems to produce alerts, audit data and reporting to detect suspicious activity and will analyze the threat data to help the Information Security team to determine what response is appropriate. This internship will also participate in Incident Responses to analyze and perform forensics analysis to help determine the root cause and recommend corrective measures.
Are you the teammate that we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Passionate about information security and privacy
- An evangelist regarding the importance of information security
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Self-starter with the ability to make decisions independently
- A self-motivated individual eager to learn, ask questions, and partner with a mentor to complete tasks with high quality
How we work:
- Casual, collaborative environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationships across all areas of the organization
- Focus on outcomes and learning
What we offer:
- A strong commitment to Information Security both financially and organizationally
- An existing talented and passionate Information Security team
- The chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A collaborative environment where our security team is empowered to help steer the direction of the team
- A place to contribute your security knowledge company-wide through forum panels with our product development team
- Junior or senior working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Business, Computer Science, Information Security, or related field or equivalent experience, with proven academic record and minimum of 3.2 GPA
- Passion for information security
- Familiarity with information security and networking concepts, such as firewalls, patch management, vulnerability scanning, packet sniffers, intrusion prevention, and SIEM
- Have a basic understanding of intrusion detection systems and firewalls
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Be self-driven, creative, resourceful, and effective in problem solving
- Must be willing to learn how to work effectively in a team environment
During the last three months, you would have:
- Contributed to the information security team in monitoring and analyzing cyber threats and many other many projects that you are proud of
- Found innovative ways to increase the quality of your work
- Exercised creativity and solved cool problems
- Demonstrated passion for security
- Shared your knowledge and interests with others
- Built relationships and had exposure to various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
- Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
- CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
- DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
- Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
- Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
- Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP
At Paylocity, our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours / remote opportunities
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Spoiler alert: We’re currently ranked #20 on their Best Places to Work list, and have also won Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, and Crain’s Fast 50, just to name a few.
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.