Data Engineer Internship Summer 2021 at CCC Information Services
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join us for the Spring 2021 semester. At CCC, you will work and learn alongside innovative and inspiring leaders and gain valuable experience working on real business solutions in a corporate setting.
- Build data platforms using Python, Spark, Hadoop (and more) which will provide insights to CCC's client within auto property damage and repair, medical claims and telematics IoT industries.
- Use Hadoop and Spark ecosystem tools and technology for micro-batch and streaming analytics.
- Ingestion, standardization, metadata management, business rule curation, data enhancement, and statistical computation against data sources that include relational, XML, JSON, streaming, REST API, and unstructured data.
- Modify and maintain complex SQL and PL/SQL for Oracle ETL and BI/DW data flow.
- Work closely with product owners, information engineers, data scientists, data modelers, infrastructure support and data governance positions.
Pursuing a Masters Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or some related field