Data Product Intern at KeHE Distributors
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
Where KeHE goes, goodness follows. KeHE has grown tremendously over the years by exceeding expectations and bringing goodness in all we do. We're now bringing that same goodness to our workforce by creating friction-free processes.
We're focused on simple and intuitive ways to work. We're building systems where our employees come together each day and do what truly makes us human; collaborate, share, and connect.
You'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in new and interesting ways. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a team where our collective intelligence, collective effort, and collective passion is brought together to do something worth doing!
Starting in June 2022, we are looking for a Data Product Intern to participate in the development of KeHE digital products and platforms in our Business Intelligence arena. The role is unique blend of data science, product management, and business analysis. Our data products provide critical business insights to drive customer satisfaction and profit. This position conceptualizes, designs, and drives the creation of data products.
You have a track record of owning objectives and overcoming challenges. You'll apply your data science and data visualization skills to come up with new and innovative ways to improve our customers lives. Sometimes you'll work independently and other times you'll partner closely with functional leaders and your fellow Business Intelligence teammates.
- You're comfortable in your own shoes and have a growth mindset. Seriously. That's number 1.
- You like being on stage - you're totally good with presenting to friends, coworkers, and other students your ideas and perspectives.
- You enjoy conversing with people and aren't intimidated by rank or status.
- You learn quickly and recognize when to apply what you've learned.
- You're fun to work with and enjoyable to be around.
- You're comfortable taking responsibility and working toward a goal without being directed to do so.
- You like doing quantitative research and like planning things out.
- You embrace new ways of doing things and are comfortable using the agile method to get stuff done.
- Your ability to write in both short and long form is one of your biggest strengths. This can include simple mission statements, aspirational epic objectives, comprehensive release criteria, sprint goals, and thoughtful product features.
- You are focused on continuous improvement through an unyielding focus on personal and professional growth and development, across a variety of disciplines.
- You have an eye for design and create informative data visualizations that tell a story to stakeholders.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- In pursuit of a 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science, Engineering, Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience and understanding of Product Design and Business Analysis.
- Data Science coursework or and deep understanding of statistics.
- Awareness of data technologies including visualization tools, databases, and software systems.
- Proven problem-solving skills; must be very comfortable performing data analysis and making data-driven decisions
- Critical thinking skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive, persistent, and flexible
Bonus if you have these::
- Knowledge of modern development techniques: Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with automation using but not limited to Java, C#, Python, Pyspark