Data Science & Analytics Internship - Financial Services (Summer 2020)
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Currently enrolled in a competitive program in pursuit of a graduate degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, operations research, economics, or a related quantitative field. Maintaining a B+ or better grade point average in major field of study.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking & creative problem solving skills. Ability to conduct meaningful research with a high degree of independence.
- Advanced programming skills in one or more statistical languages, such as R, Python, or SAS. Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. Familiar with relational databases and “Big Data” technologies.
- Versatile interpersonal communication style. Able to communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated interest in applications of analytic methods in the financial services and insurance industries strongly preferred.
Impact You'll Make:
- Generate, formally propose, and finalize a research topic in collaboration with the supervisor. Research should either demonstrate a technique not commonly used by the department or a substantial process improvement to a commonly used method.
- Manage the project proactively. Provide the supervisor with periodic progress reports.
- Design an appropriate testing environment to measure applicability of the proposed methodology to the needs of the business unit and compare with alternative approaches, as appropriate.
- Create any software code necessary for the use of the proposed methodology.
- Carefully document all sources and research findings. Prepare a summary of findings in an internal white paper for senior management.
- Present summary of findings to research sponsors. Conduct training for other Associates as appropriate.
- Provide support for Data Analytics projects beyond the scope of the research project, as needs arise.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.