Data Science Intern - Summer 2022 at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Paylocity is growing its Data Practice Organization! Our data science team is responsible for developing machine learning solutions to meet client needs in domains ranging from NLP and supervised learning to time series forecasting and anomaly detection.
As a Data Scientist Intern in Product & Technology, you will help Paylocity discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, to help our customers make smarter human capital decisions that drive organizational success. Your primary focus will be to apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
- Select features, build, and optimize models using machine learning techniques such as time series methods, regression, random forests, gradient boosting, and neural networks
- Leverage cutting edge big data technologies on AWS and Microsoft Azure utilizing Databricks and Spark
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and present results in a clear manner?
- Create automated data and modeling pipelines and develop custom performance tracking
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and product analysts to translate human capital management challenges into data science projects?
- Work closely with full stack software engineers in an agile product development environment to deliver machine learning software features
- On track to graduate in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 with a Master's or Ph.D. in in?computer science, industrial engineering, statistics, industrial-organizational psychology, neurology, public policy, linguistics, or another quantitative field
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong previous experience with Python or R and demonstrated experience building production grade machine learning models
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a desire to share your ideas
- Able to work independently and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members?
- Previous relevant full-time work experience as a software engineer, data analyst, product manager, consultant, or another technical or analytical role
- Experience with cloud infrastructure on AWS or Azure
- Very strong (top 15%) Kaggle performance
- Invested in staying current in data science by applying new technologies and practices
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives?
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $87,545 - $133,804 /year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.