Data Science Intern
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
The Data Science team works to quantify human behavior, recognize patterns, and design predictive marketing campaigns that engage consumers, connect with them emotionally, and change the way they live their lives. It is through our understanding of data and human behavior that we empower our clients to powerfully connect with individuals in an impactful way.
Work with large, complex data sets to derive actionable business insights using machine learning and advanced analytics.
Leverage machine learning, statistics, software engineering, behavioral science, and business knowledge to help design automated, intelligent marketing campaigns that influence consumer behavior.
Prototype and build analytics pipelines using the latest technologies.
Work as part of a cross-functional, agile team of data scientists to iteratively and rapidly solve problems and improve client deliverables.
Work with and present results to stakeholders in multiple areas and levels of the agency.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working towards a graduate degree in a quantitative/scientific discipline, e.g., computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, decision science, economics, etc.
- Experience with statistical software and database languages (e.g. SQL)
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, C, C++, or Fortran
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team-first attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to accomplish goals
- A desire to learn new techniques and share knowledge with others
- Passion for understanding human behavior, influence, and marketing
- Familiarity with the following Python packages: pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, xgboost, nltk, statsmodels, plotly, seaborn, bokeh
- Experience with parallel programming
- Experience with big data frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark
- Experience with cloud IaaS platforms such as AWS or Azure Experience in the field of behavioral science or marketing
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.