Data Science & R&D Internship
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
CCC Jumpstart Summer Internship Program Our program is designed to #CCCJumpstart your career! At CCC, you will work and learn alongside innovative and inspiring leaders and gain valuable technical experience while working on real business solutions in a corporate setting. You will also have an opportunity to participate in unique events throughout the summer from professional development workshops to Lunch and Learn events with CCC colleagues and leaders.
This opportunity is a paid, full-time, summer internship. There will be two cohorts for the upcoming CCC Jumpstart class:
- May 18th, 2020 - August 14th, 2020
- June 22nd, 2020 – September 11th, 2020
• Computer Vision
• Deep Learning and Machine Learning
• Data Exploration, Visualization, Storytelling
Building machine learning models and deploying them as products for the auto-insurance industry. This can be done using traditional machine learning or techniques specific to massive unstructured data such as deep learning.
- Machine learning on structured datasets – starting with data exploration and feasibility tests, design and perform experiments to compare modeling approaches, generate predictions and ensure the solution meets the target metrics specified by business requirements, as well as ensuring scalability of algorithms. Interpret, visualize and communicate results to a general audience.
- Applying deep learning to claim image data - using photos of damaged cars to predict what parts that need to be replaced, if a car is a total loss or repairable, finding the severity of the damage using AI and data insights. The amount of property, casualty, car photos, and other data that CCC can harness is one of our biggest competitive advantages.
There are additional projects currently in flight here at CCC, but we wanted to give you an idea of the type of work our team members work on.
If you have a Masters, and/or PhD, and have demonstrated excellence in your academic studies, this opportunity is right for you. We are looking for candidates who offer strong collaborative skills and work well with a team. A strong interest in computer science and/or related fields is essential to the success of each intern.
If you have knowledge, through coursework or project work, of Python, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Mathematics, or Statistics/ Modeling, this opportunity is right for you.