GoHealth is looking for a Data Scientist Intern to join its Advanced Analytics and Operations Research team. You will learn and develop skills in data science and advanced analytics including statistics and optimization to develop models and technologies that create value to support the business. Some current and recent projects include the modeling of customer retention and measurement of lifetime value for health insurance policies.
You will directly report to our VP of Advanced Analytics.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Assist the team in quantitative analyses, working with data engineers, data analysts and other business partners to solve problems
- Apply data science techniques to provide new predictive and prescriptive insights
- Help test hypotheses across departments using statistical methods to evaluate better performing tactics
- Interact with colleagues on a range of data science and advanced analytics projects
Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate Junior or Master’s Student pursuing a degree in quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related field
- Strong desire to enhance data science programming skills; experience in data and analytics programming languages such as Python.
- Fundamental understanding of extracting and standardizing data from different data sources
- Interest in regression, classification, machine learning, estimation and hypothesis testing
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced technical environment
- Strong academic performance (minimum GPA = 3.5/4.0)
- 10-week paid internship
- Casual work environment - we’re a friendly group, we have fun with each other and have a respectful workplace
- Rotational days to shadow other areas of the business
- Interactive Lunch & Learns with C-Suite
- Continued training opportunities through GoHealth E-Learning series
- Casual dress code
GoHealth will conduct all interviews for our internships remotely.