Data Visualization Intern at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry's top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes.
Epsilon is seeking a Data Visualization Intern! As a Data Visualization Intern, you will be at the leading edge for creating innovative visualization systems that demonstrate the business value of Epsilon’s digital marketing platform directly to our internal analysts, customers and stakeholders. Our visualization challenges span hundreds of millions of detailed profiles across hundreds of millions of websites and apps tied together by sophisticated real-time analytics that make near instantaneous decisions on messaging to those profiles billions of times a day. This provides an incredibly rich environment of business questions and answers that are hidden within petabytes of data. You will be a key team member creating effective visualization tools that use the data to answer those questions in an engaging, intuitive and informative manner.
Responsibilities May Include (All or Some) Tasks Below:
- Develop a basic understanding of digital marketing and Epsilon’s personalization platform
- Use your visualization expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving one of our technology and business problems
- Implement and validate your solution
- Work with other teams to integrate your solution into Epsilon’s production systems
- Document and present your approach
Qualifications: (the ideal candidate will have some combination of skills and experience from the list below)
- Required: PhD level candidates, with significant course, research and/or commercial experience in data visualization
- Solid foundational understanding and experience with data visualization principles and tools
- Be a supportive and positive contributor in a highly collaborative team with shared and overlapping responsibilities
- Practical real-world UX/UI experience
- Experience with data science, clustering and machine learning
- Experienced with one of D3.js, WebGL, or Three.js. As an alternative, Expert level Tableau skills with a portfolio of advanced charting will be considered
- Experience with statistics and big data analytics techniques
- Experience with Node.js and/or React
- Experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Elastic Search, NoSQL, SQL)
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.