Decision Science Intern at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love my internship!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
GrubHub Holdings Inc. is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, Eat24, AllMenus and MenuPages. The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order from 95,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,700 U.S. cities and London. Every order is supported by the company’s 24/7 customer service teams. Grubhub has offices in Chicago, New York and London.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Join us for an exciting 11-week program that will allow you to work on a product that you and your friends actually use alongside some amazing people. You’ll have the chance to learn more about the business and industry through lunch and learns and explore the city with fun summer intern events. Come experience an exciting tech company with all of the usual perks - happy hours on our rooftop deck, Learning Fridays, tons of free food, and more.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build and deploy routing algorithms at scale that help us improve the business
- Build data models for real time systems
- Derive insight about business and customer behavior from our proprietary data
- Identify new metrics and scoring methodologies to improve our business
You Should Have
- Experience in formulating a business problem using Mixed Integer Programming, Linear Programming
- Thorough understanding of underlying algorithms used in discrete optimization
- Solid data analysis skills
- Coding experience in implementing optimization solutions
- Experience and ability to read an applied math paper and explain the concepts to the team and how it can be used for the business.
- Ability to query data sources directly using SQL
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Above all a strong motivation to learn new techniques, explore data and implement the solutions to take projects to production
Got any of these? Even Better
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Experience in Java or Python
- Familiarity with mathematical optimization
- Familiarity with queuing theory
- Experience in models governing network evolution
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.