ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
As a DevOps Engineer Intern, you will be working in our DevOps & SRE Team on cloud orchestration and automation tools. The team consists of DevOps Engineers focused primarily on building automation pipeline, monitoring, performance tuning, and operation activities, etc. We also have Windows Engineer working on Windows automation using Ansible and Powershell.
Must be available to work 25-30 hours per week starting January through May, upon meeting the performance criteria should be available for work upon graduation with 3.5 or more GPA.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Using python create application-specific monitors in Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana etc.
- Using python create automation and monitoring scripts
- Using python to develop web application using the industry-standard framework
- Using Java, C++, C# building Data structure
- Support developers for Developer tooling and developer experience
- CI/CD approval framework - script to create and populate a change request in ServiceNow
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training
- Currently senior in Computer Science degree graduating in summer of 2021
- Must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Proficiency in Python
- Strong knowledge of Linux - CentOS, Ubuntu
- Familiar with Kubernetes, AWS & AWS- EKS
- Familiar with Github/ GitLab
- Knowledge of building docker containers
- Knowledge of Load Balancers/ELB Exposure to UX Design and web application development
- Ability to develop Documentation and system diagrams
- Building a scalable and robust Gitlab CI platform with the goal of handling hundreds of complex/interdependent microservice builds and deployments
- Provisioning and monitoring our Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service clusters to ensure speed and resilience
- Deploying and maintaining cloud-native software in Kubernetes such as Istio, Prometheus, CoreDNS, etc
- Building and contributing code to our custom platform tooling with the aim of providing a platform as a service (PAAS) experience for our developers
- Writing bash scripts and kubectl plugins to simplify the Kubernetes experience with predefined workflows
- Collaborating with developers to ensure reliable, fast, and quality builds and deployments
- Debugging issues related to Gitlab CI or containers/pods running in Kubernetes
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, parental leave, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.