DevOps Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2021 at Vail Systems, Inc.
DevOps Software Engineer Intern – Summer 2021
It’s official. “Cloud” is the buzzword of the decade. Being in the business of hosting, you could say that we are a little more than interested in cloud operations. Our platform’s success depends on our ability to simplify, adapt and scale. We would like to turn this into a structured and tested practice for others to benefit from as well.
We are looking for an individual who has an innate interest in driving cloud infrastructure development and enhancement - someone who is a theorizer, educator and implementer. You would be a leader of this effort and would have the opportunity to dabble in a bit of everything that we do in order to get started. You’ll be a great fit for this if you:
- Are stimulated by complex problems
- Are a self-starter and take initiative to navigate these complex problems
- Have curiosity to learn different ways to approach an issue
- Are interested in sharing and teaching others about your ideas
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Are able to synthesize and analyze new concepts quickly
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and
- Have a good sense of humor and a positive, can-do attitude
What you can expect to be doing:
You will use your hands-on and growing knowledge of DevOps, software development, infrastructure automation, security best practices and effective integration methodologies to help us deliver product features quickly and reliably via our evolving PaaS and IaaS capabilities. You will focus on transitioning operations to become more automated, scalable and adaptable to a prospective customer’s needs.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for automation
- Good presentation skills for a diverse audience
- Innate interest in “the cloud” and its underlying technologies, architectural options and the competitive landscape
- Proficiency with Linux OS
- A working knowledge of C, C++, Golang (optional)
Ideally, you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Familiarity and experience with Linux containers (specifically using either the Docker or Rocket container engines)
- Familiarity with OpenStack, Mesos, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CentOS
- Familiarity using SaltStack or other config management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
If the above sounds interesting to you, and is a good fit for your skill set, we’d love to have you on the team.