EHS Admin Intern
VelocityEHS currently has an exciting part-time opportunity within its Authoring Services Team for a bright, enthusiastic intern to be responsible for a wide range of small projects and administrative tasks supporting the Project Management group. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, but also under the guidance of a team lead. This individual will also be comfortable working side by side with team members at different levels throughout the organization, including internal Product Management, Sales, and Project Management teams.
We are looking for an individual currently enrolled in a higher education institution pursuing a STEM-related discipline with 1+ years of general work experience. The preferred candidate will also have critical thinking and problem solving skills; demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; and will be able to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and dependability. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic then this is the job for you.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with project managers and other staff on various tasks such as assigning projects
• Review project data and determine if sufficient for authoring SDSs
• Assist with a variety of administrative tasks such as completing project closure documentation
• Complete revenue trackers and assist with monthly revenue reconciliation and auditing process
• Complete special projects as required
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
• Enrolled at a college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biological sciences, toxicology, industrial hygiene, environmental science or other STEM-related discipline (can be the declared minor)
• 1+ years of general work experience
• Self-motivation and dependability
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• Critical thinking skills
• Experience reviewing/reading/understanding SDSs or comparable safety documents
• Proficient in and comfortable with productivity and communication tools, including web meeting services (i.e. GoToMeeting), document sharing and collaboration tools (i.e. OneDrive), and various other software and services
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EH&S) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.