Engineering Intern - Backend
Label Insight is looking for a software engineering intern to learn and grow over the summer. You'll be working with modern cutting edge technology and learning about high performance Java, Python and AWS, to name a few. You'll be a member of a cross functional team and will learn how to build and complete an end to end product solution.
- You’ll use new and emerging technologies in web and software development.
- You’ll take responsibility for code quality and use of best practices across the development team through code reviews.
- You’ll design and develop features with a focus on usability through a close relationship with business owners and a solid understanding of the end user needs.
- You’ll proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure, code base and development process.
- You will be working with Big Data to create optimized digitization of data processes.
- You’ll be working closely with a development and product team.
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- Experience in object oriented development and familiarity with the following technologies: Java, JSON, Python, RDBMS, Continuous Integration tools (e.g Jenkins)
- Experience with Java frameworks and tools for example: MVC, Spring and Hibernate
- Experience integrating with REST APIs is preferred
- Experience with source control is preferred
- Any experience with Big Data solutions is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, good communications skills and a positive attitude
At the end of this internship you will be able to:
- Gain experience working in a unique startup company environment with an emphasis on collaboration
- Develop experience working on an end to end product solution
- Increase software development skills, learning from a team of top engineers
- Have worked with serverless frameworks such as AWS lambda
Who we are:
Label Insight was founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Today, our world class, venture backed, SaaS data platform is solving transparency for the entire industry. Our unique team is made up of talented engineers and data scientists, who work alongside food science and nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale. Learn more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
- Transparency: We’re transparent and open about our work.
- Collaboration: We’re team players. We support and trust our co-workers, celebrate each other’s wins and learn from each other’s failures. We work to create an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Iteration and Innovation: We’re not afraid to challenge assumptions, make suggestions for better solutions, try new ideas, or take smart risks. We challenge the status quo, and feel safe to make mistakes knowing we can learn from them rather than repeat them.
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We pursue the best answer, not proving ourselves right. We are aware of our own biases and admit when we’re wrong. We’re willing to ask for help when we need it.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our own work quality, problems and solutions, and how our actions affect those around us.
- Quality Driven: We strive for quality in our work and our approach to our role. We make data-driven decisions.