- You’ll use new and emerging technologies in web and software development.
- You’ll take responsibility for code quality and use of best practices across the development team through code reviews
- You’ll design and develop features with a focus on usability through a close relationship with business owners and a solid understanding of the end user needs
- You’ll proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure, code base and development process
- You will be working with Big Data to create optimized digitization of data processes
- You’ll be working closely with a development and product team
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently
- Some knowledge of React
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Expertise with common, responsive UI web frameworks and development tools.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core JS frameworks
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Knowledge of build and deployment tools such as ESLint, npm, yarn, etc.
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
At the end of this internship you will be able to:
- Gain experience working in a unique startup company environment with an emphasis on collaboration
- Develop experience working on an end to end product solution
- Increase software development skills, learning from a team of top engineers
Who we are:
Label Insight was founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Today, our world class, venture backed, SaaS data platform is solving transparency for the entire industry. Our unique team is made up of talented engineers and data scientists, who work alongside food science and nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale. Learn more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
- Transparency: We’re transparent and open about our work.
- Collaboration: We’re team players. We support and trust our co-workers, celebrate each other’s wins and learn from each other’s failures. We work to create an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Iteration and Innovation: We’re not afraid to challenge assumptions, make suggestions for better solutions, try new ideas, or take smart risks. We challenge the status quo, and feel safe to make mistakes knowing we can learn from them rather than repeat them.
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We pursue the best answer, not proving ourselves right. We are aware of our own biases and admit when we’re wrong. We’re willing to ask for help when we need it.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our own work quality, problems and solutions, and how our actions affect those around us.
- Quality Driven: We strive for quality in our work and our approach to our role. We make data-driven decisions.