Event Coordinator Trainee (Chicago, IL)
US PASSPORT REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS
Traineeship position located in our Chicago office, USAEvent Production Department, reporting to Senior Project Manager
Term: July 30, 2018 - February 1, 2019
To support our growth, we are looking to recruit a top class Event Coordinator Trainee who will deliver our service following our high quality standards. This position will work closely with other Event Teams and Operations Teams. You will be responsible for supporting pre-event and onsite operations, as well as leading minor projects. You will be learning everything you need to know about project management, team leadership and events ROI, so that you can deliver an entire project autonomously by the end of your internship.
This internship is meant for candidates who privilege unique and down-to-earth experience rather a big name on the CV. You will be exposed to a vast number of conference settings, all kind of event stakeholders, and exciting technology concepts. You will also quickly take over important responsibilities within the Event Production team.
On-top of that, this internship can either lead to a full-time position in the company as an Project Manager, or a freelancer position as Event Coordinator.
NOTE: YOU MUST HOLD A VALID US PASSPORT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION.
1. Project Coordination
- Implement content in the app using our CMS, based on clients and project leads requirements
- Participate/Lead project kick-off and reviews with project lead and clients
- Handle direct communications with clients (email, phone)
- Coordinate IT, logistics and other requirements with internal / external third-parties
- Fully manage and deliver small-scale projects
- Create statistics and exports reports
- Maintain project status and resources
- Report expenses and hours
2. Onsite support
- Travel to event destinations with relevant equipment
- Set up IT infrastructure (network, access points, servers)
- Provide assistance to participants
- Set up and deliver live interactivity
- Facilitate engagement activities
- Communicate with key stakeholders (clients, speakers, hostesses, AV crew, venue crew)
- Detail-oriented, a tribute to our Swiss heritage
- Client empathetic with strong business sensibility
- High-standards achiever without excuses
- Can-do attitude, curious and self-learner
- At ease with computers, technology and standard softwares (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Willing to travel an average of 3 events per month, representing ~15 days away
- Candidates with experience in AV company / event agency a plus
- Proficient in English
SpotMe transforms meetings and inspires participants with mobile solutions that spark new ideas, kickstart networking, drive strategic alignment, and more. The SpotMe team has been delivering mobile interactivity integral to thousands of global events since 2001. We inspire greater participation, connection and effectiveness, through state-of-the-art mobile technology and consulting services for events and conferences. Our clients are Fortune 500 companies, creative and production agencies, and NGOs.
We have a very diverse team of 140 people in 5 offices around the world, and we help stage hundreds of client events per year in all corners of the globe. The work we do knows no boundary, and we’re always on the lookout for people not content to live within them.
Our mission is to make events better and transform participants and organizers. We believe events are experiences that should mark the minds, something bigger than simply gathering a crowd at the same place. Our technology and 18 years know-how allow us to achieve these goals, enabled by our team of talented, creative and perfectionist people.
To get more of a feel and check out some of the recent achievements of our team, visit https://spotme.com/resources/