Experience Design Co-Op at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Ahold Delhaize is one fo the world's largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-Commerce. Its family of great, local brands serves more than 50 million customers each week in Europe, the United States and Indonesia. Together, these brands employ more than 372,000 associates in more than 6,700 grocery and specialty stores. Our Global Suppport Office (GSO) is based in Zaandam in the Netherlands, but GSO associates also work in all the countries we serve. This team supports all our great local brands in finance, HR, IT, legal, communications, sutainable retailing and other key functions.
Browse The Aisles
We are seeking an emerging designer to join our Experience Design team. He or she will help organize our UX standards, be a collaborative contributor, and be hands-on in product prototyping and UX design work. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team who thinks holistically about design and is changing the current grocery landscape.
The Experience Design team has an effective partnership with the product management and development teams. We collaborate with engineers, product owners, brand clients and other executives throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a customer focused, data-driven approach, and an understanding of fundamental design principles for mobile and browser UX design. The ideal candidate will be passionate about design and is eager to learn.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Work under the guidance of senior designers
- Ability to conceptualize ideas through the entire design lifecycle (exploration, wireframes, high-fidelity UI, and prototypes)
- Ensure design solutions are user-centric and business goals are met
- Provide rationale for design choices and approaches
- Understand and advocate for our users
- Work on production and documentation of design systems
- Understand the importance of data and can analyze metrics to inform design decisions
- Work with product owners and senior designers to develop and evangelize new product ideas
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future (including OPT)
- Enrolled in school at the start of the co-op (June 21st – December 17th)
- Located in one of our office locations – preference to candidates located in Chicago (IL), Quincy (MA), and Salisbury (NC)
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- A portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UX/UI best practices (as illustrated in 1-2 case studies)
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Familiarity with the technical considerations
- Experience with design across multiple channels
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch and Invision
- Good communication, presentation and persuasion skills
The GSO sets global strategies frameworks, facilitates the sharing of best practice and encourages economies of scale. Great examples include sharing technology and digital know-how, so we can continue to lead in online and in-store retailing, setting global targets for healthy and sustainable products-including reducing food waste, use of plastics and making our products healthier to use and eat, and championing development for our future leaders-from learning about the digital mindset to leading our stores of the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 6947_external_IL-Chicago