Faculty Engagement Intern at Everspring
Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities.
About the team
Made up of production, instructional design, faculty engagement, and quality assurance, the Learning Design team inspires, engages, and empowers each other to create the next generation of learning. This collaborative team works to translate traditional courseware into online formats in innovative and compelling ways to create innovative online courses for our University partners.
The intern will report to the Faculty Engagement Principal, whose team effectively responds to faculty requests for support and creates impactful learning resources and thought leadership content, empowering faculty to confidently leverage technologies and best practices to teach students online.
- Curate, coordinate, and migrate Learning Design’s existing library of academic thought leadership into a new centralized thought leadership hub for university partners.
- Audit all existing thought leadership for relevance, sorting relevant materials into categories for a faculty audience, and uploading the new pieces to the new hub.
- Help identify topical gaps in the thought leadership library and collaborate with senior members of the Learning Design team to author new thought leadership pieces that cover those topics.
- Contribute to decisions on the design, layout, and user experience of the thought leadership hub.
- Bachelor’s degree, or actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, related to education, communications, writing, media, or design.
- At least 1 year of experience as an educator or in a role that directly supports educators such as a teaching assistant.
- Demonstrated experience or skills in authoring, editing, or curating content.
- Knowledge of best practices in visual design and organization of digital content
- Professional experience (in any industry) collaborating with colleagues across functions.
- Please provide a cover letter and contact information of 3 professional references. References will only be contacted for finalists.
Experience you will gain with us
- Identifying high-quality training, thought leadership, and support resources that are relevant for the current landscape of digital education and would resonate with a faculty audience.
- Organizing and sequencing thought leadership content in a scaffolded manner to improve knowledge retention and engagement among faculty learners.
- Designing a user experience for navigating training resources within a training hub that is intuitive for faculty learners.
- Identifying content gaps in thought leadership and proposing materials and modalities to best fill those gaps.
Successful Interns will
- Have good attendance and communicate regularly with their supervisor and team
- Participate in the internship program activities like Resume and Interview Skills workshops and job shadowing opportunities
- Conduct a final presentation to the Everspring leadership team that showcases their accomplishments
Location of Internship
Duration of Internship
Start: May 31, 2021
End: On or around August 6, 2021
Expected Work Schedule
30 hours per week, 9am-4pm Monday-Friday (with a 1 hour lunch break)
This is a paid internship program.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.