Finance Intern - Part Time at The Marketing Store
The Marketing Store (TMS) is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Our core skill is transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions. We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience.
Our parent company, HAVI, is a global, privately held company that has customers in over 100 countries. HAVI’s expertise and experience in analytics, packaging, sourcing, supply chain and logistics help customers optimize marketing promotions and address supply chain challenges big and small. They offer data-based insights and services that combine a strategic, long-term view with an unmatched commitment to execution.
Both The Marketing Store and HAVI believe that none of what we do for our clients and customers can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to build more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first business, built to serve consumer-first brands.
The Finance Intern will be part of a rotational assignment within The Marketing Store’s North America Finance department and will have exposure to the multiple ways our Finance team supports internal Agency partners and client deliverables.
The intern will gain experience in a variety of processes including revenue pricing, monthly close, forecasting, profitability reporting & analysis, client-specific reporting, billing and trade working capital management.
All assigned tasks will be completed with guidance and support from the team’s subject matter experts.
- Prepare and analyze pricing estimates for Agency retainers and projects ensuring accuracy, adherence to contractual terms and appropriate level of profitability.
- Support Agency and client-specific reporting requirements ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Prepare and input monthly/quarterly revenue and expense forecast following Agency calendar.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to ensure proper revenue and client expense recognition in accordance with revenue recognition guidelines and monthly close schedule.
- Prepare and analyze monthly profitability reporting.
- Monitor and analyze client un-billable expenses.
- Prepare ad hoc client analyses as directed by supervisor.
Trade Working Capital Management
- Monitor A/R reports to identify collection issues.
- Monitor WIP reports to ensure WIP is billed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Client Finance to ensure invoicing is accurate, timely, and issued in accordance with client contractual billing guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience
- In progress Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting
- Meaningful work experience a plus
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office, high level Excel functionality a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment