Finance Intern, Procurement
The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar including design, marketing, finance, quality, human resources, corporate communications, legal, compliance, strategic planning, and technology with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our company’s infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and ongoing strategic initiatives. The Procurement team, which sits within the finance organization, is mainly responsible for sourcing and purchasing of Morningstar’s technology and data.
The Role: In this role, you will support the Procurement team in purchasing for technology and data, which are our largest and most complex spending areas. You will support day-to-day transactions and conduct analysis to support the team’s strategic goal of driving savings and benefits to the organization. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Review and process technology and data related invoices.
- Review technology purchasing tickets submitted by users and support the Technology Procurement Specialist with placing day-to-day orders with vendors.
- As needed, perform analysis to compare bids and pricing, evaluate compliance to using our preferred vendors, identify spend not going through the procurement team, and other related types of analysis.
- Candidates must be juniors or seniors enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, preferably finance or accounting.
- Available to work 20-25 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during the summer.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Basic knowledge of computers, networking, and software technologies.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.