Signal is looking for a Finance Intern to join our team in Chicago. This is an opportunity to learn what it’s like to be in the finance organization of an emerging, high-growth company. If you are super smart, incredibly organized, and an Excel and PowerPoint whiz, keep reading:
Our Signal summer internships are paid, and will run for 10 weeks beginning in early June.
So, what would you be doing?
You’ll be in the thick of it all, working on a number of finance and accounting projects, such as:
- Getting exposure to different CRM databases and financial systems, including mining data and generating presentations from Salesforce.
- Generating tables and charts from financial data to be included both internal and external presentations.
- Helping out the accounting team as needed, with month-end close activity, billing and payables, and month-end financial closings.
- Assisting in contract review and reconciliation between contracted value and billings
- Organizing and maintaining filing system for finance and legal documents
- Ad hoc projects.
What do we need from you?
- You should be nearing graduation, a recent college graduate, or the equivalent in a Finance, Accounting or other relevant degree program.
- You have solid Excel skills (pivot tables, lookup tables, exposure to BI is a plus)
- And you’re no slouch using PowerPoint or MS Word, either.
- You’re a great communicator, both on the page and in person.
- You love grey areas, and are comfortable working on many tasks with changing priorities simultaneously.
- While you work and play well with others, you’re self-directed and motivated to get stuff done on your own.
- You are reliable, timely, and pay attention to the details.
- And you’re a nice person, to boot!
Outside the obviousness of the job, like all Signalites you fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the first and only Customer Identity Solution for the enterprise. Signal’s platform offers an independent identity solution for brands that transforms the customer experience by connecting an always-active profile to customer engagements across all human, physical, and digital touchpoints.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 lists. Visit www.signal.co to learn more and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.