Growth Marketing Intern (SEM)
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The Growth Marketing Intern will report into the Sr. Manager of Growth and focus on developing a comprehensive competitive analysis as it relates to search engine marketing. The growth intern will learn and leverage competitive monitoring tools and keep the paid search team informed of any key learnings within the search ecosystem. By the end of the internship the intern will have developed a dashboard to help alert the search team of any major changes in the space.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work cross functionally with all team members to understand Grubhub’s paid search strategy
- Learn how to use competitive monitoring tools & pull reporting
- Help answer questions about the competitive landscape in search:
- How do do competitors impact click costs?
- What types of promotions are competitors offering? When? Where?
- To what extent do particular competitors overlap with Grubhub’s keyword set?
- Work with data analyst on automating reporting & alerts
You Should Have
- Coursework emphasis in marketing and communications strongly preferred. Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in a college or university
- Understanding and affinity for food
- Strong knowledge & interest in search engine marketing
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Close attention to detail and work well under time constraints
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously