Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor - is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Growth Solutions Intern is a key asset to KeHE's Merchandising Solutions Team. This position is responsible for supporting the Growth Solutions team in the development of customer projects and presentations. This position will also engage and coordinate the efforts of key stakeholders and subject matter experts to meet the scope and deadlines of projects. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Research quantitative and qualitative information to support innovative merchandising solutions
- Compile actionable qualitative information to develop customer-centric category solutions
- Utilize syndicated data portals to mine, and pull insights for customer presentations
- Analyze demographic data to determine regional and store specific opportunities
- Examine customer assortment to determine voids and establish assortment priorities
- Manage projects to ensure timelines and deliverables are clearly communicated and completed
- Assemble and proof final presentations for accuracy, consistency and visual appearance
- Evaluate past performance of presentations and projects to ensure ROI potential is maximized
- Stay abreast on consumer insights, category trends and product innovation
- Support other functional groups within the Merchandising Solutions Team on an as needed basis (e.g. Our Brands and Category Management)
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Current college student with a focus in Business or related field of study.
- Experience with retail merchandising, grocery category management, the consumer package goods industry, and/or the grocery industry are a plus.
- Willingness to take initiative on projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings and recommendations in writing and verbally to internal audiences as well as retail customers.
- Demonstrate skill and competency with all Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced business environment.
- Capacity to learn and process quickly.
- Possess a sense of urgency and attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously and often with time conflicting pressures.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
- Desire to work in a team-based environment where working for the success of the group is as important as individual success.
- Ability to re-prioritize tasks based on the fluctuation in tasks and deadlines.