Human Resources Intern at Vail Systems, Inc.
Human Resources Intern
Vail Systems Company Profile
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can't be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape your perception and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
Human Resources Intern
Vail Systems has an opportunity for a Human Resources Intern in the Chicago Loop. This is an excellent opportunity for a student to gain hands on work experience in a fun, fast-paced, and team-oriented Human Resources Department. We'd like to know if you think you fit the bill. You will if you:
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Are able to pick up new concepts quickly
- Can keep an open mind to new ideas
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Don't mind using those skills to share your best ideas
- Have an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Aren't afraid of ambiguity and can problem solve with little direction
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Really want to learn new things
What you can expect to be doing:
The Human Resources Intern will work on a variety of Human Resources Generalist-related tasks including:
- Employee Relations: Document company policies and procedures regarding Human Resources and Administration for management and employees. Contribute ideas for Employee Recognition and Rewards.
- Talent Acquisition: Participates in the full life cycle of recruiting, including but not limited to posting on job boards, telephone screening and interview coordination.
- Employee Benefits: Assists with the various aspects of the administration of applicable employee benefits.
- New Hire Onboarding: Assists with new hire onboarding, including but not limited to applicable documentation and follow up with new employees.
- Project Management: Coordinates various Human Resources projects which may include areas such as organizational development, recognition programs, performance management, employee curriculum or training, standardized procedure development and documentation.
- Employer Branding: Coordinate with teams to create web page content, job fair materials, employee communications, and social media pages.
- Compensation: Track and analyze salary and bonus data to determine appropriate compensation for employees.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or other related field
- Coursework, knowledge or experience in Human Resources
- A strong interest in a career in Human Resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Good follow-through skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).