Inside Sales (2020 Internship) at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThis internship position will be working for Vigilant Solutions (VaaS) US Public Safety team. Motorola Solutions Inc.is a parent company to Vaas.
Right now, Motorola Solutions is helping people be their best in the moments that matter. At Motorola Solutions you’ll take on more than just a job, because the work we do is literally life-changing for people and businesses around the world. Here, you'll get recognized fast for your talents and be supported with the education, resources and visibility you're looking for. These are opportunities you can't get just anywhere. At Motorola Solutions, we offer a comprehensive student internship program designed to enable you to use what you've learned, expand your knowledge and benefit from a wide variety of valuable work experience. There are a great number of ways to explore the various career choices that lie ahead of you. Each opportunity provides you with valuable learning opportunities that support both your academic and career goals. Our internships vary in scope and focus but are an important portal into a potential career at Motorola Solutions. Right now, people all over the world are counting on us. To answer their problems. To energize and revitalize their businesses. To save their lives. To connect them with the solutions we need you to think up. Won’t you join us?
The Inside Sales organization is responsible for directly selling Motorola Solutions products and services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas via phone-based selling and other revenue-generating activities (i.e. outbound calling, lead generation & follow-up, call campaigns, etc). Simultaneously, this team is also responsible for indirectly impacting sales growth by providing comprehensive sales support that enables our direct sales teams to sell more, reach more customers, and drive new sales opportunities. By providing a comprehensive sales support infrastructure, the Inside Sales & Support team reduces the amount of time spent on business that has already been sold, maximizes our market coverage and extends the reach of the Field teams they serve.
- Drive targeted promotion awareness to an identified set of customers
- Participate in pre-determined outbound call campaigns
- Prepare and publish quotes on behalf of your Mentor
- Engage in lead qualification and follow up activities
- Manage and resolve pricing and configuration issues on orders
- Strong individual contributor and team player
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent analytic, verbal and written communication skills
- A self-motivator with solid organizational skills, & excellent interpersonal skills
- A confident individual who is willing to assume responsibility
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high stress/fast-paced work environment
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Google based applications
- Experience using problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Knowledge of Excel and Access, Adobe Professional, ability to write Macros a plus
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree
- Must have a graduation date on or after December 1, 2020
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.