Inside Sales Intern - Summer 2020 at SMS Assist
SMS Assist is looking for an Inside Sales Intern for our 2020 Summer Internship program!
The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June 8th –August 14th. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. Each intern in our summer group goes through one week of training together as a cohort and are placed in one of our departments, where they’ll spend around 75% of their time throughout the summer. The other 25% is spent engaging in intern-specific activities and learning opportunities, such as executive lunch & learns, personal development workshops, and access throughout the company for informational interviews. During the internship, the program interns will work together on an SMS Assist business case and they will present their findings and ideas at the conclusion of the internship for SMS Assist leadership and other key team members. Of course, we have some fun social events thrown in there as well!
- This is a full time, non-exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June-August. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. At SMS Assist, the internship program is about developing yourself while having a real, memorable, and fun career experience.
The internship role will be in the Sales department.
- Identify profitable, prospective clients for SMS Assist; explain how SMS Assist can deliver value to their organization
- Identify the key decision makers inside of targeted prospective clients
- Perform a high volume of daily cold calls into key accounts
- Construct and send professional follow-up emails to prospective clients after call completion
- Work within Salesforce to create and manage new and existing opportunities
- Assist the Sales team in identifying key contacts to target; add the key contacts into daily contact lists
- Analyze operational and enterprise customer data related to sales, volumes, profitability, region, and product types; provide recommendations related to sales strategy
- Aid in the modification or enhancement of the internship program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills through telephone and email
- Proficient with Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be pro-active and have the ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Must be a rising junior or senior enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree program or a recent graduate
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future (we are unable to hire on F1 or OPT visas at this time for our summer program)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Traits: Attention to detail, team player, self-directed, and motivated
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.