Inside Sales Intern
Position at The Jellyvision Lab
Of all the virtual people Jellyvision has created, the tallest and least afraid of bears is ALEX® (www.meetalex.com). ALEX helps companies talk their employees through the tricky choices they’ll have to make, like picking a health insurance plan, deciding how much to put in the 401(k), or whether they might want extra life insurance. Our customers love ALEX because ALEX helps their employees figure out what’s best for their personal situations, which, in turn, saves our customers a boat-load of time and money - everybody wins! As we sell more and more of ALEX, we need more and more non-virtual (i.e., real life) people to keep the virtual ones amazing. That’s where you come in.
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THIS I HEAR ABOUT AN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM?
We’re looking for a select group of amazing humans for an internship program with our ALEX sales team. You’ll be hopping on board during one of the busiest, most exciting times of our sales cycle, helping our team reach their goals while learning what sales is all about. This is an excellent opportunity for someone thinking about a career in sales to try it out - with training, support and mentoring from a team that will give you kind, honest feedback to help you determine if sales is the right fit for you.
Length: The internship will start in late May and wrap up in August. The length of the internship will depend largely on university academic year calendars or graduation status. We are flexible! Soon-to-be graduates should keep in mind that this is the fourth consecutive summer that we have hired interns to work full time on the Business Development Team! We are serious about having interns join as full time Business Development Representatives!
Who’s eligible: We are looking for students graduating in May or June 2019 or current rising seniors, recent grads, or any awesome folks who are looking for an excellent short-term opportunity.
WHAT DOES THE JELLYVISION INTERNSHIP OFFER?
- Competitive pay. Specifically, $600/week plus the opportunity to earn incentive compensation for qualified meetings set.
- The opportunity to help drive sales of Jellyvision’s award-winning interactive ALEX products through specific sales assignments. You’ll be doing work that matters. You won’t be making copies all day, stuck in a back room filing papers, or fetching coffee — interns sit with and are valued members of the team.
- Training in the fine art of sales, as well as background training in the complex world of health care benefits, so that you’ll really understand the customers you’re helping us sell to.
- Professional development support, mentoring and feedback from members of Jellyvision’s award-winning staff.
- Social events designed to give interns exposure to staff outside their core work area.
- Networking and learning opportunities in Chicago’s vibrant tech scene.
- Bottom line—the opportunity to do good work with fun people in a relaxed and casual environment.
OKAY, I COULD COME HANG OUT WITH YOU JELLYPEOPLE THIS SUMMER. WHAT ARE YOU SPECIFICALLY LOOKING FOR IN A SALES INTERN?
The summer is a crazy time for sales people here at Jellyvision. Summertime is when we are reaching out to and building business with more companies than any other season. We’re looking for bright folks interested in learning the ropes of entry-level sales.
This internship will largely be focused on reaching out to potential customers, sharing information about ALEX and Jellyvision, and setting appointments for our Account Executive team. You’ll work alongside our business development team to support a territory, learning how to use CRM tools and pitch to prospects using a variety of cold calling and email sales techniques.
We are looking for interns who are outgoing, sharp and willing to adapt quickly. Sales is a fast-paced, ever-changing world that requires flexibility and resilience. Additionally, internal motivation, an outstanding work ethic and strong organizational skills are key to being successful as a salesperson.
More broadly, we’re looking for people who are:
- Seriously interested in learning about and working in the field of sales.
- Outgoing, friendly and not afraid to pick up the phone.
- Quick on your feet and willing to try new things.
- Hard-working. A strong work ethic, even when things aren’t going your way, is key (because there are days in sales when everyone just says no).
- Competitive, in a way that drives you to always be the best, while still being…
- …A kind, and collaborative team player.
And we’d love to see applications with these bonus features:
- Experience with cold calling (or other forms of cold outreach, like email or social media), or a job history of retail sales or customer service that includes up-selling.
I’M A HARDWORKING, ADAPTABLE AND OUTGOING PERSON! WHAT EXACTLY WILL I BE DOING AS A JELLYVISION SALES INTERN?
Great question! As a sales intern, you will be:
- Organizing and creating lists of prospects to email and cold call within a territory.
- Using Salesforce and other tracking software to help you keep track of your work and opportunities, and maintain clean data.
- Making cold calls every day to reach out to prospects to share our ALEX library of products.
- Learning to craft specialized emails to send to prospects and other social outreach.
- Using a variety of sources including LinkedIn to discover fresh accounts and contacts.
- Listening in on product demos with our Account Executive team to build knowledge of the sales cycle.
Sign me up! How do I apply?
Send us a cover letter that clearly indicates:
1) What year you are in school and when you plan to graduate (if applicable)
2) What you think you could contribute to Jellyvision as a Sales Intern this summer.
3) What you hope to get out of the internship.
4) Your previous sales experience, if applicable.
Also send us a resume that fills us in on your experience to date—including sales / cold-call experience, school projects and work you’ve done on your own.
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application.
If you decide to apply, please know that every complete application will be carefully reviewed. Seriously! We know it is a time commitment to prepare an application. And we respect that effort by thoughtfully reviewing every complete application and responding one way or the other. But that kind of thoughtful review means that it sometimes takes us awhile to get back to applicants, so please no phone calls please. The time we spend responding to phone calls and emails inquiring about where we are in the process is time that we could be spending actually moving the process along – so please be patient with us!
We review applications as they come in and select candidates to interview on a rolling basis.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision, and good luck.