The Inspire Impact Experience: A Cannabis Career Immersion
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 11 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 72 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 600 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
In our First Ever Cannabis Career Immersion, we are taking a non-traditional approach to the summer internship. Participants will be offered a one of a kind in-depth look into the inter-working's of one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world. Participants will get hands on experience in virtually all aspects of the cannabis industry working with top industry professionals involved with the production, marketing and sale of top tier cannabis products.
We want individuals who have a tie to the cause at the core of us all, inspiring and impacting individuals to live well.
We will be choosing 2 program participants for the Summer 2019 period. The immersion will be 8-10 weeks long, paid and full-time during the program.
Applications will be accepted from April 17, 2019 until 12:00am CST May 3, 2019. All applicants will be reviewed and contacted respectively.
You must be an Illinois Resident.
You must be 21+
You must complete the application and essay in totality by the final day of the application period.
- Gather and analyze data related to the project at hand
- Formulate a project plan based on the data you find
- Execute against the project plan developed
- Complete a presentation on your findings
- Complete the essay prompt in totality
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
The final part of the application and the most important to us. The Essay Questions.
While career and educational experiences are important and will be valuable during your experience, it is not the sole determining factor in being assessed. This is a passion-based industry filled with people both passionate about the plant but more importantly passionate about the people, patients and communities that we serve.
Please use this as your opportunity to show us your most genuine version of yourself and answer these questions with that in mind.
This section will take upwards to 30+ minutes. Feel free to bookmark and come back to answer!
Click Apply for this Job to access and complete the application/essay section.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description