Instructional Design Intern at Everspring
Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago and recently named one of the “Best Places to Work,” Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities, nationwide.
About the team
You could be part of a team that is rated among the highest in quality in our industry. Made up of production, instructional design and quality assurance, our Learning Design team inspires, engages and empowers each other to create the next generation of learning. Our highly collaborative team works to translate traditional courseware into online formats in innovative and compelling ways to create innovative graduate-level courses for our university partners and beyond. Our internship program will expose applicants to a wealth of experiences, including designing and building courses and developing consultation skills.
This position reports to a Director of Learning Design.
- Provide support to university partner to build short-form courses
- Assist Instructional Designers in new course development and provide support in faculty conversations
- Participate in course maintenance tasks across multiple university partners
- Develop skills based on traditional Instructional Design principles and implement them in course build and consultation
- Other duties as assigned, based on area of interest
- Students with majors in curriculum and instruction, educational technology, or human-computer interactions
- Undergraduates, GPA: 3.2
- Superior ability with computers and software required; LMS experience a plus
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Please provide a cover letter and contact information of three professional references. References will only be contacted for finalists.
Upon completion of the internship, you will be able to:
- Apply post-production techniques on video and audio, including editing, color correction, audio balancing, and filtering
- Design and process images and graphics for online courses
- Demonstrate strong communication and project management skills
Successful Interns will:
- Have good attendance and communicate regularly with their supervisor and team
- Participate in the internship program activities like Resume and Interview Skills workshops, job shadowing opportunities
- Conduct a final presentation to the Everspring leadership team that showcases their accomplishments
Location of internship
Hybrid: Remote and Onsite at 123 N Wacker Dr. in the Chicago Loop.
Duration of internship
Start: May 31, 2021
End: On or around August 6, 2021
Expected work schedule
30 hours per week: 9am-4pm Monday-Friday (with a 1 hour lunch break)
This is a paid internship program
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time