Interaction & Visual Design Internship
Interaction Design Interns at Rightpoint work alongside other Interaction Design/User Experience and Visual Design employees on a wide range of projects––from site builds and redesigns to sitemaps and user research. Rightpoint interns build real, quantifiable experiences while they are here, and are expected to meet the standards of any employee. Rightpoint is a challenging and supportive environment where we learn from each other while working through complex problems. Accordingly, the ability to collaborate, listen and incorporate other people's ideas and feedback is essential.
You are a perfect candidate for an Internship at Rightpoint if you:
- Are a self-starter who has a solid understanding of the design process.
- Inquisitive and innovative, you are constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- You have great follow-through on tasks and solid organizational skills
- Are fluent in a variety of prototyping methods and tools to explore and communicate ideas
- Can produce work that is up to par with the exceptional work Rightpoint is known for
- Are confident in your individual expertise and perspective, but eager to learn from others
- Pursuing or recently completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Journalism, or related field
- Comfortable with critique, collaboration and co-authorship
- Top-notch interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Internship FAQs ––
How long are the programs, and what is the duration of an internship?
Most of our internships last three months, beginning in June and running through the end of the summer when the school year starts. Depending on the discipline and need, some of our internships last six months, and we hire for these roles throughout the year. Looking for a different timeline? Feel free to email us with your questions.
Are internships paid?
All internships are paid. Hooray!
What Kind of projects will I work on?
Our interns work alongside our full-time employees on real projects. Your time will likely include brainstorms, research, interviews and prototyping. It may also include client meetings, presentations, and travel. It will not include filing, faxing or food runs, unless of course it's for yourself.
What does the application process look like?
Applications must take place through our website's career page. When applying, please include a resume, cover letter and an electronic portfolio. Attachments must be formatted as a text-based Adobe PDF, PowerPoint, Word Document.
Your application will be reviewed, and someone on the recruiting team will reach out directly if we have an opening that you could be a great fit for.
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint Full-Time Roles
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an "Employment Authorized" result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME