Intern - Platform Automation/Cloud Engineering at OCC
A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- AWS baseline creation
- Cloud environment automation
- Developer self-service enablement
- Assuming we are still working remote next Spring, the intern will leverage existing OCC Collaboration and remote working tools, will be required to attend daily team standups, weekly team meetings, weekly 1/1 with their supervisor, and attend broader meeting with the Cloud and Enterprise Platform team.
- Basic coding/scripting/automation skills
- Basic experience/familiarity with the Cloud computing
- Computer science/engineering curriculum
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Familiarity with automated infrastructure and software deployment
- Familiarity with modern, automated, infrastructure and software