Intern, Product Design at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Product Design Intern - Summer 2022
Gemini is looking for Summer 2022 Interns to work on our multi-functional product team that are interested in design, marketing and user experience. You will be assigned high impact projects that help build a more equitable future for all and gain meaningful experience working on all areas of the design process including analysis and reaction to user needs, architecture of layouts, flows and interactions, and design. The Product Design Intern will work cross-functionally with a variety of teams to support great user experiences for Gemini products. Our goal is to provide a valuable experience that makes a direct impact on our business and jump starts your engineering career.
Who You Are:
- You’re passionate about design, technology and the user experience
- You have the ability to work both independently as well effectively communicate cross functionally with a variety of team members
- You can bring an analytical and creative approach to difficult problems in order to help solve them
- Pursuing associate or bachelor degree in Product Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or Engineering
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of typography, hierarchy, motion and interactive
- Must have passion for creating visual user interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Excellent time management with strong organizational, communication and conceptual thinking skills
- An ability to explore multiple solutions for problems
- Team player and self-starter with a hunger for collaboration across all disciplines of design, product and engineering
- Potential experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS (i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator), and the Google suite of apps
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.