A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- Review and update QRM Library documentation and code examples
- Automated QRM library testing: updating regression test suite, refactoring test harness
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills in R and/or Java
- Understanding key concepts of quantitative finance and risk management
- Ability to produce coherent technical documents
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- Exposure to a wide variety of quantitative models developed in QRM
- Understanding the industry-grade quantitative software development process and technologies
- Honing technical writing skills