Intern, Strategy & Operations at Enova
About the Role:
As a Strategy & Operations intern, you will directly support one of Enova’s core P&Ls and tackle projects that ensure Enova is operating at peak performance, and continuously improving so our customers can have the best possible experience. Projects can range from short-term immediate impact projects, like automating a business process, to long term strategic initiatives, such as a new product launch. The best part? Our team is big enough to have the resources to successfully scale the business, but small enough that a single intern has the autonomy to make a meaningful impact. That means you can make your mark.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage initiatives that focus on driving new projects, processes improvements and customer experience enhancements.
- Evaluate vendor proposals, negotiate with external partners and collaborate with internal tech development teams to ensure that projects meet business requirements.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, prioritize and execute projects, balance business needs vs. technical constraints, ensure quality, and drive bottom line results.
- Run ad hoc projects that are often data intensive and require comfort with numbers to make decisions.
- Use intuition and experience to resolve operational issues on the fly.
We're Excited About You If You Have:
- Been working toward undergraduate or master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Finance, or other quantitative degrees, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High energy, team player, creative thinker, and strategic influencer.
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams.
- Maturity and good judgment. Skilled in negotiating, influencing others, analytical thinking, leading others, and executing and implementing projects.
- Willingness to learn and work in a hands-on environment.
- Advanced Excel modeling experience required. Prefer proficiency with SQL.
Our Strategy & Operations Team:
Enova’s Strategy & Operation teams - or “S&O” as insiders commonly refer to them here - drive the business at both the operational and business levels. In addition to working cross functionally on the corporate side, S&Os work closely with our call center operations (think application support, loan processing, collections or customer service) to ensure optimization and anticipate any bumps in the road. To do this, they dive deeper into our existing processes and ask themselves lots of questions like, why are we doing this that way? Why don’t we try this? And, likely the most important question, how is this going to affect the bottom line of our business?
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.