Department Name: Technology Operations / Production Services / Service Management
A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- CMDB – Configuration Management Database. The intern would assist in the governance and management of the CMDB.
- Discovery. The intern will participate in the governance and management of discovery scanning of the IT assets. And if applicable, could assist with the physical inventory review.
- ITAM. The intern would assist in the governance and management of IT Asset Management, including the End of Life software program.
- General IT Knowledge
- ServiceNow, good to have but not expected
- ITIL, good to have but not expected
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- An understanding of how physical and logical assets are managed
- An understanding of how to manage End of Life (application lifecycle management) and how this reduces risk to production.
- An understanding of CMDB and how it provides visibility into a company’s IT environment and helps manage the risk of Change, ownership of an application service, and service impact during a systems incident