Intern at Tribune Publishing
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Tribune Publishing Digital Marketing Analytics team is seeking a student currently pursuing a degree at college or university, for an internship. The intern will assist the team in quantitative and qualitative analysis identifying key market statistics and interpreting findings across all areas of the organization. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for ad-hoc analysis, predictive modeling, as well as ongoing reports and dashboards. This role will require the ability to synthesize and leverage large datasets. The ideal candidate is a motivated team player, high performer with keen analytical and data skills, and is detail oriented.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, and identifies root causes using SAS, SQL, Python
- Strong knowledge of relational databases- ability to pull data from multiple sources and distill into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Help build and deploy predictive models that focus on customer churn, price sensitivity, customer lifetime value, A/B testing, revenue forecasting, and other areas.
- Pursuing a degree in finance, information systems, mathematics or statistics strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, Python, or other business intelligence analysis software applications for data segmentation, aggregation, and predictive modeling.
- Tableau Knowledge is a plus
- Attention to detail/quality and comfortable working with large data sets
- Creative, technically strong, excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to accurately reflect results.
- Able to effectively balance multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the
Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal and is majority owner of BestReviews.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.