Responsible for participating in the daily activities and assigned projects within an assigned organization. Partake in the opportunity to learn and gain real world experience from a world class insurance organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Develop a basic understanding of the content of policies written by the company.
- Develop a basic understanding of the insurance industry and the organizational relationships of the company.
- Develop a basic understanding of the functions of other departments as needed or when appropriate.
- Develop a basic understanding of systems and technology used within the company.
- Identify customer needs, both internally and externally, and work to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills.
- Assist in generating letters and other correspondences.
- Perform other projects and assignments as directed.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment; remain flexible and adaptable
- General knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective organizational, time management and detail oriented skills
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of presentation and public speaking skills
- Willingness to work the required schedule
- Currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year program, Junior preferred
- Exhibit track record of success both academically and extra-curricular (GPA – 3.0 or higher)
- Possess course work relevant to assigned organizational area
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.