Intern at OCC
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. As a summer intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Educate team members on technology.
- Help to maintain performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for team members seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk team members through problem-solving process.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wireless Networks (WiFi), and other systems.
- Ability to Install computer peripherals for team members.
- Support online software configuration and answer team member questions.
Interns do not need to have all of the qualifications or experience listed below, but a willingness to learn is essential. Ideal intern will have the following traits:
- Passion for technology, likes to get things done, commitment to delivering high quality solutions to team members
- Take direction well, but also able to make decisions and take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Professional, dependable, solid work ethic, detail-oriented, dedication to quality, self-motivated
- Enjoys solving problems
- Customer-centric mentality
- Comfortable configuration and troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 issues
- Ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- Learn in a virtual environment
- Trouble Shooting
- VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)