Internship in Accounting at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor – is all about “good” and is growing, so there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you’re enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we’d love to talk to you!
Starting June 7, 2021, the Accounting intern will assist with various monthly tasks and special projects as described below. There will be interaction with the Corporate Controller, Accounting Managers, Staff Accountants, Financial Analysts, AP, AR, Sales, Transportation, Warehouse, Supply Chain, Vendor Support, HR, and IT. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Prepare journal entries
- Assist with month-end close processes
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with tasks related to the year-end audit and annual tax preparation
- Provide financial reporting support to the Business Analysts and Business Users
- Attend monthly business review meetings
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Assist with the transition to the new lease accounting standard (ASC 842)
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Current college student with a focus in Accounting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint