IT Service Desk Intern/ Window Ambassador (Summer Position)
The Team: The IT Service Desk supports approximately 1600 users in our Chicago office, as well as supporting our other global offices as required.
The Role: The IT Service Desk Window Ambassador should be punctual, trustworthy and able to work independently, managing their time and priorities. Additionally, the candidate must be a strong team player who is able to work closely with other support team members. As a Window Ambassador, the candidate should possess strong customer service skills. It is beneficial for the candidate to be proactive with a “can-do” attitude and be able to manage multiple tasks including administrative tasks.
- Meets and greets our employees at our walk-up window or by phone for basic computer issues.
- Directs employees to the analysts and/or creates tickets.
- Orders weekly office supplies within the confines of our budget and assists in managing inventory room.
- Responsible for hardware pickup and drop offs. Continually organizes the inventory and owns the appearance of the service desk room.
- As a team player, follows the processes and procedures outlined by leadership including team goals.
- Excellent customer service experience, including telephone and face to face service in a busy environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills (typing 40+ wpm).
- Knowledge of Office 365.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Excellent organization skills (previous inventory experience a plus).
- Is a team player.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer troubleshooting experience a plus (account lockouts, password resets, basic computer diagnosis).
Work Hours – Part-Time
June 3 - August 1, 2019
9:00am –3:00pm (6 hours per day/9 weeks)
Monday – Thursday
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.