IT Storage Intern – Summer 2019
“Our interns touch real work and build skills they need to kick-start their professional careers” – Nancy Martinez, TU Intern Program Manager
***Internship Start Dates: May 29th, 2019 or June 17th, 2019***
***Interview Day: January 4th, 2019***
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- Our Summer Internship Program will allow you to use & develop the skills you've learned in school while participating in fun events: career development workshops, networking events, and exciting guest speakers throughout this 12 week internship.
What you’ll bring:
- An active interest in information technology.
- Interest in the design, implementation and support of complex storage infrastructures.
- Interest with IBM, Hitachi, EMC SAN storage, Cisco fabric, and IP based storage such as NAS, and Software Defined Storage.
- Interest in understanding of storage platforms in a corporate infrastructure.
- Interest in understanding of storage security practices and tools.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems.
Impact you’ll make:
- You will gain an understanding around our storage infrastructure initiatives and an understanding around the performance and planning of storage infrastructures for the corporate campus in Chicago and field locations around the country.
- You will work closely with the Storage team members to validate operational aspects of global storage solutions, and help to solve issues.
- Assist with metrics.
- Assist with monitoring tools.
- Compile and analyze data and prepare reports to support business initiatives.
- Assist with routine duties and special projects that are aligned with revenue generating and technology growth and advancements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.