Java Software Engineer Internship Summer 2020 at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
CCC Jumpstart Summer Internship Program Our program is designed to #CCCJumpstart your career! At CCC, you will work and learn alongside innovative and inspiring leaders and gain valuable experience working on real business solutions in a corporate setting. You will also have an opportunity to participate in unique events throughout the summer from professional development workshops to Lunch and Learn events with CCC colleagues and leaders.
This opportunity is a paid, full-time, summer internship. There will be two cohorts for the upcoming CCC Jumpstart class:
- May 18th, 2020 – August 14th, 2020
- June 22nd, 2020 – September 11th, 2020
- Parts Team: this team has anything to do with a supplier’s auto parts. CCC has different systems that handle each of the three major groups of parts: OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers), After Markets, and Recycle. The members on the parts work on an ecommerce application for auto parts that is integrated with 1200 suppliers where we provide electronic quotes to make finding and buying parts easies.
- CCC Product Applications: total loss valuation, commercial, and salvage application. Teams are BAs, Developers, and QAs. Fully Agile. This product application suite is one of our two founding products here at CCC.
- Workflow Team: Workflow is a core product of CCC. All the applications are web developed along with mobile iOS and Android SDK applications. The Workflow Team is one of the largest teams here at CCC and looking for product development minded individuals. Members of this team are typically full-stack engineers
- Integration Team: After the Workflow teams builds a product (mobile, writing estimates, web application etc.) it’s then the Integration Teams responsibility to streamline these products into what already exist in the market.
Local candidates preferred; there will be no housing offered.
If you have completed your junior year at a top-tier university, have a Masters, and have demonstrated excellence in your academic studies, this opportunity is right for you. We are looking for candidates who offer strong collaborative skills and work well with a team.
- Java, OO development
- Exposure to AWS our Cloud Computing would be nice.
- Experience in Spring, REST (consuming/creating), and Hibernate