Junior Software Developer Intern - Summer 2020 at SMS Assist
SMS Assist is looking for a Junior Software Developer Intern for our 2020 Summer Internship program!
The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June 8th –August 14th. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. Each intern in our summer group goes through one week of training together as a cohort and are placed in one of our departments, where they’ll spend around 75% of their time throughout the summer. The other 25% is spent engaging in intern-specific activities and learning opportunities, such as executive lunch & learns, personal development workshops, and access throughout the company for informational interviews. During the internship, the program interns will work together on an SMS Assist business case and they will present their findings and ideas at the conclusion of the internship for SMS Assist leadership and other key team members. Of course, we have some fun social events thrown in there as well!
- This is a full time, non-exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June-August. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. At SMS Assist, the internship program is about developing yourself while having a real, memorable, and fun career experience.
The internship role will be in the Software Development department.
- Work closely brainstorming, coding, and modeling with the engineering/AI lab team
- Assist in designing, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting applications or systems software
- Participate in the selection and implementation of one or more software development methodologies
- Help develop short- and long-term product roadmaps to ensure continuous improvement of software
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, and estimates
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Aid in the modification or enhancement of the internship program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills through telephone and email
- Proficient with Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be pro-active and have the ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Must be a rising senior (graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021) enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree STEM program
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future (we are unable to hire on F1 or OPT visas at this time for our summer program)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Traits: Attention to detail, team player, self-directed, and motivated