Lead Product Manager, International Expansion at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe are in need of safe, transparent financing and our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, Affirm is expanding and growing into new countries! We’ve recently expanded into Canada with our partnership with Peloton, and with our acquisition of Paybright, we’re deepening that presence and positioned to grow dramatically. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to define how our loans originate internationally all the way to localized and relevant customer experiences.
As a GPM at Affirm, you’ll own the product strategy and vision for how we want to be a truly global product, and deliver on the end-to-end roadmap from ideation all the way to post-launch assessment and iteration. And you’ll do it all by striking the perfect balance between business goals, customer needs, and technical requirements while working with a dizzying number of cross-functional partners to make great things happen.
What you'll do
- Build a deep understanding of Affirm merchants and platform partners-- their global needs, the jobs-to-be-done, why they love Affirm, and what they wish could be better
- Partner with stakeholders to craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Influence senior leadership on the overall international go-to-market strategy
- Define clear outcomes, translating them into qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Partner with other product teams to internationalize and localize their platforms
- Collaborate cross functionally with engineering, design, sales and marketing, legal, capital, and operations to successfully launch and scale Affirm in new geographies
What we look for
- A passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- The ability to lead a large decentralized group from complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
- The ability to absorb large amounts of information, distill key themes into action plans, and precisely communicate to a wide cross-functional audience
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- A get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a messaging error
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- A drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis