SpotHero is seeking a summer Legal Intern who will be a trusted resource to our Legal Department. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the SpotHero business and improve our legal process and administration, review and organize company contracts, and assist in multiple legal matters. This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to and learn from one of Chicago’s fastest-growing tech companies!
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Work closely with our General Counsel and other members of our Legal Team and collaborate with other SpotHero stakeholders to help define, create, and edit legal documents and contracts to help us move our business forward.
- Propose and implement contract and NDA workflow processes.
- Review contracts and all third party NDAs.
- Organize and track all contracts in place.
- Set up a “contract matrix” summarizing all contracts in place.
- Prepare memoranda on issues identified by our General Counsel, spanning across a wide range of legal issues ranging from intellectual property to commercial contracts.
- Professional with exceptional communication skills that enable you to prepare legal analyses and reports, participate in conference calls, and attend meetings with third-parties with discretion.
- A self-starter who enjoys working in, and strives in, a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
- Highly motivated and goal-driven, with an infectious ability to have fun and enjoy the ride!
What you bring:
- At least one semester of law school at an accredited institution or rising college senior who has a strong interest in attending law school
- Strong interest in startups, technology, and transactional work
- Outstanding research and writing skills along with effective verbal communication skills
- Extremely conscious of meeting strict legal deadlines and observing strict confidentiality obligations
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Docs, etc.
What we are offering:
- 12 week paid summer internship.
- Casual dress code and fun work environment.
- Fun perks like catered lunches and SpotHero swag.
- Ownership of your projects, contributing meaningful work to the company.
- Work collaboratively with small teams, gaining hands-on, applicable real world experience.
- An incredible opportunity to get involved with a successful Chicago based tech company.
- A workplace recognized as a Best Place to Work by Built In Chicago, Best Places to Work for Generation Z by Mogul, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, and one of TIMES’s 50 Genius Companies.