Legal Internship (Starting Summer 2021) at LogicGate
Are you an aspiring legal professional who wants to work in the tech start-up industry?
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk management, and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We secured $24.75M in Series B Financing in December 2019 to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid —an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built In Chicago’s list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of working in an in-house legal department in a tech start-up within the GRC/SaaS industry. The internship program will run from June 1 until July 30, 2021.
Sound interesting? We’re just getting started.
What you’d achieve:
- Hands-on experience with commercial contracts and negotiations
- Knowledge and exposure to tasks/projects/initiatives related to privacy law
- Exposure to cross-functional teams and projects (ranging from Sales, Marketing, Information Security, and Product/Tech)
- Experience assisting with, and implementation, compliance and risk management projects
- Understanding and use of legal technology solutions to streamline legal efforts
- Robust understanding and experience of the day-to-day in a start-up tech company
What we are looking for:
- Collegiate level and/or some law school experience
- A strong educational understanding or interest in/passion for the practice of law, commercial contracts, privacy law, tech/start-up industry, etc.
- Ability to leverage (or learn quickly to leverage) workplace tools such as Gmail, Slack, Excel, Salesforce, Word (and included redlining/track changes function)
- Passion for LogicGate’s mission and eagerness to contribute to a fast-growing tech company.
What we have to offer:
- Organizationally supported onboarding and internship program throughout the course of the 8 weeks
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful Legal professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Hands-on experience within the organization
At LogicGate, every member of our team moves the needle. With a firm footing in our core company values, we’ve built a fast-paced, demanding work culture that allows for the flexibility, autonomy, and career opportunities you’d expect from a growing company.
LogicGate’s Core Values
- Own It - Be self-driven, entrepreneurial, and efficient
- Raise the Bar - Challenge complacency and mediocrity; be adaptable and agile; details matter
- Be As One - Trust, collaborate, and support; invest in co-workers and clients
- Embrace Curiosity - Always be learning, be curious and share; be humbled but not embarrassed by mistakes
- Do the Right Thing - Act with integrity, even when no one is looking; be transparent
- Empower Clients - Create solutions where customers win